Friday, June 19, 2009

The irony of post one

I just hung up the phone with a girl I met via the internet. How fitting that it lead me here. Well, it's not fitting. It's ironic. Because that was without a doubt the best first conversation I've ever had with a person ever. Plus she's hot. Double plus good.

So, welcome to my blog. To get this out of the way, this is gonna get snarky. That's the point. I want it to be perfectly clear that I am part of this group. I might have more technological know-how, no cats to hug, no photos of just my torso, more social abilities, or maybe a better idea of aesthetics, but I'm still one of you/them. The internet daters and datees. I've put up my fair share of awful photos on dating sites to try and convey a certain message or boast a part of my personality. I'm going to share one of them as well. I am one of the pool.

My inspiration for this blog came from the lovely young lady that runs date wrecks. Without her I'd of never thought of doing this. While she focuses more on the total ad, or the total train wreck of a date she's had, I'm only focused on the initial hello. The how do you do. The photo.

If you see something tragic, something that makes you go "oh my god that poor girl/guy" or something just plain ooky on a dating site, send it my way. I'll make good use of it.

And if you're curious about the title of the site, it'll all come in time. Trust me. It's worth the wait.

Enjoy the ride. It's gonna be a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment